Monday, October 31, 2016

BOO!!

Happy Halloween!  Blessed Samhain!

While my kids are past the costume and trick or treat stage (and not quite to the teenager Halloween festivities stage), we still have the Halloween spirit around here.  Our ghost family has been on display since early October (although 2 of the 4 need surgery for ripped sheets).  They added a skeleton dog this year to the family.

I am dressing in purple and black for work, complete with top hat head band, silver glitter spray, stripped tights, and I treated myself to new fake eyelashes.

There are alot of kids in the neighborhood, so we bought enough candy for about 200.  Since I am working tonight, G-man and the kids will hand out candy.

Our neighborhood also participated in Booing  (or Ghosting).  For those who don't know, it involves making a little treat basket for the neighbor and then they pay it forward by doing the same for someone else.  We left our package and scurried home in time to watch them open the door and find it.  Fun!  We went with a Fall/apple theme and included some apple cider, caramel apples, candles, 2 scarecrow picks, a small bag of candy, and some doggie treats for their puppy.

As much as I have enjoyed all of this, I haven't wrapped my head around the temperature here.  We are still in the upper 70s to low 80s.  Doesn't scream FALL to me.  I am kind of ready for one cool day.  The leaves are just starting to change.  I won't miss raking them.

And now....Hallmark Channel is running all sorts of Christmas movies.  LOL.  G-man can't deal with it....he just rolls his eyes.  Doesn't he understand we have less than 2 months to go???  I am no where near ready....and for the first time in a very long time....I am ok with it.

So enjoy your Halloween......back later this week to talk about our TWO paid off cars.  Yay....both car payments are gone!!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow that is so great. I love not having a car payment and the fact that I can't take one on for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still haven't decided what to do with the "extra" money. May use it towards saving for future bills. May put it toward debt. Maybe a combo.

      Delete