Monday, June 15, 2015

Sleep

I haven't been sleeping well.  I can fall asleep (most nights), and stay asleep until about 5:30am, when my furry alarm clock starts meowing for no reason.  But it isn't restful sleep. I have so much on my mind that I just can't shut it off.  My mind is constantly thinking, and as much as I like to think that I can process everything, my brain will let me know when it is on overload.

This morning would have been the PERFECT morning to catch up on some sleep if it wasn't for that thing called work (and school....although tomorrow is the last day!).  I had my windows open along with the ceiling fan, so the room was a little cool.  It is pouring rain...so I could hear the wonderful, serene sound of the rain.  It was dark, made even darker by the curtains in the room.

I found that perfect spot in the bed....where you are just so comfortable that you can't imagine ever needing to move.  I had a snoozing cat with me....and I am guessing had the morning progressed, they all would have made their way to "their" spots on the bed.

I was hugging one of G-man's pillows....not that it was a great replacement for him, but it is the best I can do at the moment.

Yeah....I could have stayed like that for a while....maybe get a few more hours of real sleep.  My brain is really tired.....

11 comments:

  1. funny you should post this, as dh slept in this morning and I even slept longer than normal. Wonder if it's something in the air???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be. Hope hubby enjoyed his extra zzzzz.

      Delete
  2. Mysti, I can't imagine how hard this has been for you to tackle everything - work, the kids, trying to sell the house, etc - without G-man there! This will probably sound stupid, but have you tried keeping a notebook by the bed and just writing everything down before you try to go to sleep? I have seen this called a "dump book" elsewhere. Sometimes having everything on paper will help your brain turn itself off. (((Hugs!)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that but it is a good idea. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Today is our last day of school...a 2 hour day to make up for a teacher walkout earlier in the year.. We had no snow days, but they do this? Grrrr. If my older 2 don't wake up, they are not going. My youngest will wake himself up, as he was invited t a friend's after school. But no way I am fighting to get my middle schoolers on the bus by 6:45 a.m. only to have to turn around and get them at 10 a.m! I told them so, too, when we got the notice that the district was making up the day. 2 hours.....sheesh. And it's n o t as if the day they missed was due to weather.
    Did you guys not have to make up snow days? Did the state waive those? Friends of mine from MA were lamenting that school wouldn't get out until July with all the days missed for snow, unless the state waived them!
    Happy last day of school. Hope tonight finds you able to sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really thought school would go longer. We were scheduled by the calendar to be out the 11th (I think) so we had a few make up days.

      Your 2 hr day is so silly. Not worth it!

      Delete
  4. There's nothing as delicious as sleeping through a rain storm is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delicious is an excellent word to describe it.

      Delete
  5. Sleep and I are enemies so I feel for you. I can sleep like a log during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been visiting Buttercup and sleep has been difficult as I am not used to the weather here. As much as I am enjoying my visit, I can't wait to get into my own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I feel your pain. I've been struggling with sleep issues for YEARS ... my dr keeps saying it's "perimenopause" but geez, how long does that last??? And will I sleep when menopause actually arrives? :(

    ReplyDelete