Sunday, May 5, 2013

GBU - May 5, 2013

I haven't done this in a month!  I am a slacker.  Sorry!!!


  • My birthday was wonderful.  My REAL family celebrated with me and the weather was GORGEOUS (you have to understand, that for the majority of my life, it has rained on my birthday).
  •  G-man did NOT have to deploy again (yet).
  • The kids really did well with decreases screen time (for Screen Off week).  My driveway and sidewalks are filled with chalk masterpieces!
  • Water bill arrived, and it was lower than I expected!  It was $190, which for us is good.  The November bill is always higher (last Nov it was $297) because of summer water usage for watering plants and the pool. (I am thinking of making a rain barrel for the plant water, and only using hose water when I spray with Miracle grow).
  • I am kicking around the idea of converting the hotwater to gas from oil (and maybe the heat).  This will require a loan.  But I think I have figured out how to have it paid off in 2-3 years, without it costing us any more per month than what we are currently paying.
  • Work started off quiet, and revved up over the course of the week. 
  • We need new drip pans for the stove.  These are the stupid purchases that annoy me.  Ours have been cleaned and cleaned, and they are just beyond cleaning at this point.
  • I think a large number of my perennials are dead.  Of the 10 in one bed, only 3 appear to coming back.  I have no idea what the problem is.


  • Figuring out how to spend the overtime pay (which should be paid out on May 13) is hard.  Guilt over doing somethings.  Guilt over not doing other things.  If it was a few hundred dollars, it would be easy.  But we RARELY have this much money to "play" with, and it is hard.  It shouldn't be, but it is.


The GREAT:
  • My husband and kids worked so hard to give me a lovely birthday.  G-man made me dinner, including a FROM SCRATCH cake.  I don't know many husbands who would do that.  We went for a walk after dinner, hung out with some friends for a bit.  I did get my lemonade and magazine.  :)  G-man and the kids gave me some crystals for our collection.  They are beautiful.  And my girlfriend gave me earrings and a necklace, in purple!  Love it!  My kids told me all day long "happy birthday" and made me homemade cards.  I really did have a great day.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!! :) Happy Belated Birthday!

    Good luck doling out that OT pay! Maybe you can make split it... debt, savings, something you need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a glorious day, birthday twin! Out here in Northern California it was already approaching 90 and a wonderful day to be outside.

    Good luck with allocating the OT pay. I know you'll make good choices!

    -Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday!!! It was great you had a wonderful day....you soooooooo deserved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a great birthday! You deserved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely birthday! We are having gorgeous weather, too. I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fabulous birthday!!!!!! Happy belated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are loved!! Glad you had a Happy Birthday and were well spoiled by your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you had such a nice birthday! With the OT pay, treat it like any regular pay... if you're unsure, then just let it sit in a savings account until you feel confident. I know very well that feeling of why do A and not B, but eventually, the choices become clear to you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday my dear!!

    As for the OT, maybe just decide not to stress it. It's extra money, there's no wrong way of using it or better way of using it. Extra is extra.

    ReplyDelete