Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday.....same ole, same ole

It is obvious that G-man is home now....cups left on the coffee table, stuff on the counter, a magazine on the floor.  *sigh*  He is exhausted, and looks it.  Oh, and there is a chance he may go back.  As the investigations continue, they may need continued help.  Since we are the closest office to Boston.....we are on deck.  So we will see what happens.

My passive-aggressive parents are up to their old tricks.  It really is tiring and annoying.

I found out that my great-aunt is in the hospital, so I need to call her today to check in.  Depending on her condition, I might swing by this evening to say howdy.  Obviously she won't be at the family function tomorrow....and she was the only one I cared about seeing.

And the highlight of my day today......I have to go to the DMV to renew my driver's license.  Luckily, there is a satellite office in my town, so it shouldn't take too long.  But now I need a new picture.  Ick.  And it is $66!!!  I swear it wasn't that much last time.  I *think* that it was in 2007.  But still.....$66 in one shot seems like alot.  And I am guessing that my license won't be good for 6 years.....probably 4.  So the per year value is higher now.  Oh well, not much I can do about it.

Happy Weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! $66.00?? In south Carolina it's $25.00 for a 10 year renewal. That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The license is still good for 6 years. But yes....$66. Welcome to Connecticut.

    You don't want to know what we pay for taxes. We have personal property tax on our cars 2x a year, plus a fire distric tax, taxes on the house, and they take State income tax!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always said that I'd love to have Arizona's DMV system... 1 license lasts 45-55 years! Not even kidding. I thought it was a typo while reviewing employees' files. Here in MD it's $50 to renew your driver's license.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh! We got DH's renewal for his licence this week...$240 AUD (but that's for 10 years.) I'm moving to Arizona!

    ReplyDelete