Friday, February 22, 2013

Not meant to be

I got an e-mail thanking me for my application, but the position has been filed.  While it still stinks to see it in black and white, I am glad that at least I know that it is over.  No wondering.

I will spend a good deal of the weekend working on the new job pursuit.  I need to move on.

My boss is stressed out and overwhelmed with work and as he was crabbing and whining the other day, I just said "sorry to hear that."  He had the option to explore other things that I can do....but he made it clear that was not an option for him.

So I have just been keeping my mouth shut about everything, working away, and that is that.

Amazingly, he just hired one of our contractors to be full time.  And another per diem he is trying to sway towards us.  So, the company is growing.  He needs more help.  Instead of using the fully trained, more than capable person he has here, he is making a mess.

Not.  My.  Problem.

I would love to be out of here by Summer.  I hope it works out.

9 comments:

  1. It is still disappointing to get that final email. Sounds like you are handling the current situation better than I would. Keep plugging away -- something will come along. Any chance you could do tutoring since your degree is in education?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could tutor, but that won't replace what I make now.

      Delete
  2. Her blog has been deleted...again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy will not be coming back... :(

    So sorry about the job, Mysti... i'm sure there's a perfect job out there just waiting for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just think you're doing an amazing job hanging in there at all, it must be so hard. Well done and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that it didn't work out Mysti. :(. Better to find out than be wondering, even if it is a no. Keep trying, if it wasnt meant to be this time, then there is something else waiting ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so hard when you're in a job like that. It really does start to affect everything in your life when there is such negativity in one part. Good luck on your future job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Mysti. I think it was really decent of them to at least let you know the position was filled. I was sad to hear Judy left especially for good. Her's and your's are the first ones I check :)
    Not sure if you believe the whole things happen for a reason but I do and I think the perfect opportunity is around the corner for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mysti I truly feels challenged by you otherwise he would never do this. But don't worry we are a strong bunch and no matter what we keep surviving. We don't have a choice and you will find something. I have faith..believe me Im running on it right now

    ReplyDelete