Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The PITA things

I really want to throw a tantrum.  A good ole fashion kicking on the floor, screaming at the top of your lungs tantrum.

I am the first to admit that I have this weird thought that time doesn't exist in my house, and that my list of 27 things to do yesterday when I got home was totally possible.  Well, of course it is!!!  Don't you all get 27 things done in a matter of hours???

There are things on my list that are just turning into a PITA.  And I they really shouldn't be!

Christmas cards....the positive was that I got some nice shots of the kids (not together....wasn't worth the stress).  The negative....I can't get the "deal" to work.  I am going to have to call the company and see what I can do.  It is supposed to be $15 for 50 cards.  And tons of people have said it worked.  Well....not for me.  So "order cards" has yet to be crossed off my list.

Set up kids' trees....the taking them out of the box was easy.  Since we re-arranged Bossy's room (don't I STILL owe you all pics?), I discovered we didn't have an outlet anywhere near where the tree fit.  And the extension cord wasn't long enough.  I found a solution, but it isn't great.

THEN....Sassy's tree had 2 burnt out bulbs.  The replacement bulbs were in the box.  Easy fix, right?  No.  There was only ONE replacement bulb, or the ones that made the string flash, which she didn't like.  So just the top of the tree is lit right now.  I am hoping one of the zillion other bulbs we have will fit....but that just hasn't been the case this year (lights and I have not been getting along this year.....I had another strand that I tested before I put it up....and it was dead the next time).  And the biggest "problem" is that Sassy's tree is purple, so the wire is purple and blends in.  We could just add more lights, but then the wire will be green on the purple tree.  Some of you will say "who cares?"  I care!!!

I haven't tested my idea yet for teacher gifts, which I have to get on.  If it won't work...fine.  But I need to know so I can come up with a back up plan.

G-man's mom wasn't able to order her gift for Bossy....so she asked us to take care of it, and she will send us a check.  She is too busy getting ready to go to the beach with her beau.....after she went away with the girls last weekend.....(and she hasn't been to visit us since November 2009).

I know none of this is worth the attention I give it.....but it is just those stupid things that really burn my biscuit!


5 comments:

  1. You are so like me frustration on every level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you sister! A lot of stupid little things that I just don't have time for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When one of my bulbs burn out, I actually pull the bulb holder out of the strand and take the glass bulb out. Just unbend the wire and it slides right out. Then you can do the same with a replacement bulb and just slip the wires through the build holder. That way you don't have to worry about whether or not another holder would fit. Works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G-man found a bulb that fit, but thanks for the tip for the next one that burns out (cuz we all know that they will!!!!)

      Delete
  4. Sorry, I meant slip the wires through the BULB holder.

    ReplyDelete