Sunday, September 16, 2012

GBU - September 16, 2012

I still need to find some graphics I like.  So for now...we will be graphic-less.

I have decided to add something to my GBU, taking a note from my friend MutantSupermodel.  I have the tendency to focus on all the things that are wrong (thanks Mom and Dad for that oh so wonder lesson).  So I will also add GREAT to my list.  This will be the things that stands out for the week that just makes it all worth the effort.  It will go at the end....so I can end on a high note. 

The Good:
  • Washing machine is fixed!!!
  • Closet is back together.
  • Finished one of my craft project that had been lingering.
  • My orchid isn't dead!  What I thought was some weird growth is going to be a bloom!!!  (thank you "G" for explaining that to me).

The Bad:
  • Price of gas is now about $4.15...it is killing us!
  • Returned WAY overdue library books.....need to find out the fine.
  • Bringing work home with me is becoming "usual" instead of "rare."

The Ugly:
  • Got another EOB for my surgery....We are now at about $1000 for the surgery.
  • Another huge fight with my parents (I am done....really done).
  • Migraine that whipped my tushie for 2 days.

The GREAT:
  • Bossy has "discovered" pretend play.  In the past...he would line up toys, spin the wheels.  This is "non-functional" play.  Well, now I have cars zooming down the hallway.  They race.  They crash.  Apparently the yellow one is the team captain.....  And the dinosaurs have been drafted into The Amazing Race.  It brings tears to our eyes to see him actually PLAY.
  • Sassy's ROCKED her standardized tests!!!  She missed a total of SIX questions out of 200 or so.  She hit "Mastery" on every section.  We are so proud of her!

You know the deal....what are your GBUs this week???

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Bossy & Sassy - that is awesome news on both fronts! :-) I finally cleaned out the kids rooms/closets/toys/books this weekend. It was a giant project, but we got rid of SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your great, Mysti!! You deserve to end your week on GREAT!! :)

    Yay for the fixed washing machine too!! I remember ours breaking & waiting on a new one... It's not fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy the twins are doing so well. You just be patient with bossy he has some tricks up his sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I'm so happy you are ending with a GREAT. It is so good for us to remember the positive. That is amazing that Bossy has discovered Pretend Play. I wonder what that boy will discover next. I can understand why it's so emotional for you as as well. And hello Miss Sassy! That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete