Friday, May 7, 2010

Yakezie Review - May 7, 2010

WHEW!  I finally got all the links working (I think!).  I have added a static page up top to link you to all of the Yakezie group.  WOW....I am so impressed with the quality of the blogs.  There is something there for just about any situation.  I am looking forward to going back through the archives and reading their past posts, and watching for their upcoming thoughts as well.

A few posts that I enjoyed this week:

Neal over at Wealth Pilgrim reminded us how to reduce closing costs when buying or refinancing your home.  NEGOTIATE people, NEGOTIATE!

Jaime at The Eventual Millionaire discussed the secret to having more time and money (hint....we are probably all guilty of this!)

And over at Budgeting In The Fun Stuff, there is a discussion about having multiple accounts as a clear way of seeing what you have for what purpose (something that I am striving to do!).


I am loving the group and the support everyone gives everyone else. And my personal Alexa rating has already jumped from 3,443,893 to 2,457,771!  Go Yakezie!

5 comments:

  1. I looked for a link to email you privately, but I couldn't find one.

    I hope you don't mind, but I just came across your blog and have spent the last few days reading through the archives. You seem like you're really struggling with the separation of money (ie - stuff you spend now as opposed to stuff you need to save and spend later) as well as the zero balance budget. I understand that it might just not be possible right to have a zero balance budget, but I have created a spreadsheet that could really help you get there (as well as helping with the separation of money instead of opening accounts).

    This isn't spam, and I'm not trying to sell you anything. I genuinely want to help you. I would like to offer to personalize the spreadsheet for your needs as well as assistance for adding things to it you may need in the future. Please let me know if you would like to take me up on this.

    Thanks,

    Swiggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mysti, welcome to the group and thanks for stopping by!

    I like your "getting rid of junk via Craigslist" sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Swiggy - Let's talk privately....my e-mail is mysti1031@yahoo.com (it was under the About Us tab. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheapskate sandyMay 8, 2010 at 2:22 PM

    Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see that we're in a similar situation so I'll pop to see how you're doing. The Yakezie group is an esteemed bunch. I'm happy that they have such a good goal. Let's see how far up we can get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to my post!

    Welcome to the challenge! I joined the challenge and my ranking was 3,100,000, now it's down to 376k. It's been a great group to be involved with.

    Warmest,
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete