Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trying to stay strong

We all have a weakness when it comes to money. Let's face it...there is ALWAYS something you can buy. Maybe you need it....maybe you think you need it.....maybe you just plain ole WANT it. My weakness from October to January.....Christmas decorations.

We have been traveling for Christmas the past two years due to my father-in-law's terminal illness (he passed away in May). So I have not decorated the house as I typically do. But this year, we are staying home.....


PANDORA....please put away that beautiful and sparkly box!


I have this image in my head of a Better Homes and Garden's magazine spread of what our house should look like. It doesn't even come close to the reality...but a girl can dream.

I have a wish list of things I would like....some of which will never happen, like getting G-man up on the 30 ft ladder to put the icicle lights on the roofline (our house is very tall, and our roof is very steep). Other wish items are more reasonable.

This year's item to covet....grapevine snowmen that light up. Not in the budget. Nope. Unless I come across a $1 special on snowmen....nope.

But while in a closeout store (getting my Thanksgiving aluminum pans for $0.40 each!!!), I wandered into the seasonal section. Found this cute little LED trees. Three in a box....for $10. Not bad. And in the millisecond it took to pick them up to investigate further....I already had in my head the beautiful display we would have...

STOP!!!

Yes, these little trees would look adorable with my non-existent snowman family. And for the trees to stand alone (no pun intended), I would need several sets.....bringing our total to $60. Not so much a bargain.

Put down the trees and walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment