Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gone, Baby.....Gone

Some of you may remember back in February, there was a massive power plant explosion.  It was all over the news.  Well, new readers.....that power plant is like less than 2 miles from my house.  I pass the road that it is on everyday on my way to work.

When the explosion happened, it fried my computer.  At the time, all I cared about were pictures.  I was in tears thinking I had just lost everything.  Thankfully, we were able to recover most of what on the hard drive (big lesson here:  BACK UP YOUR $HIT!!), and it is now on a back up drive.  My internet was down for a few days, and I thought this was a done deal (see here where I thought this).

However, as time has marched on, I am finding all sorts of documents that are gone.  My holiday labels, aka my address book (I do have a paper address book, but it isn't updated, because I kept using my electronic one!!!).  I also had made cute return address labels with pictures of our family....I update them yearly.  Yeah, that is gone too.  My control journal.  Random other things.

And then last night......the daddy of the mack daddy discovery.  MY BUDGET SHEET!!!!  I have several thoughts in my head regarding our budget and wanted to try them out on paper.  Yeah, not so much.  All the formulas, all the numbers.....gone.

So, after licking my wounds, I am trying to find the silver lining in all of this.  I know several PFers have budget sheets on their sites, and one reader here has offered to send me one (I haven't forgotten!!!) that she feels will help with my "buckets of money" problem.  So maybe a new sheet will cause a grand moment of enlightenment.  An epiphany of sorts.  Something that I have failed to see to date.

Rest in peace budget sheet....your life energy has joined the universe, and may your PF contributions never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment