Saturday, February 13, 2010

Computer Update

I think we dodged a bullet after running many many programs.  Restores, and Recoveries and Redux, oh my!!  Our main computer seems to be up and running again.  In fact, once we got it running again, it opened right to the spot I was when it crashed.  I don't think I lost anything.

We did decide that the wireless router is more of a pain than it was worth for our current needs.  Therefore, we bought an ethernet cable and was able to run it under the floor, and we are no longer wi-fi.  $21 for the cable wasn't in the budget, but WAY cheaper than a new computer, or even a new wireless adapter.

My lesson through all of this.....back up my stuff regularly!  I was lucky I didn't lose anything.  Lucky, this time!  We do have an external hard drive, so I will add back-up to my list of regular chores.

1 comment: