Monday, July 11, 2016

Because it can never just be simple

When Murphy messes with you...he needs to drag it out.  Disclaimer:  total first world problem ahead.

We ordered the new TV on 7/1 with a pick up in store date of 7/12.  As of 7/10, the tv hadn't shipped so I contacted Walmart.com.

All they could tell me was that the order was stuck....no idea what that meant and the agent couldn't tell me either.  He said the only way to proceed was to cancel the order, which would either totally cancel the order or force the processing center to finish the shipping process.

Waited almost 2 weeks for the order, and we are over 2 weeks since the tv died, and we are back at the beginning.  I was willing to wait to get the tv...but to think you are getting it sooner than later and then it gets hosed up is annoying.

I received the cancel notice for the warranty last night.  Nothing on the actual tv yet.  Once it is cancelled we can reorder it.  It is still showing the same price, but if it changes, I will have to call.  The agent offered a 5% discount for the inconvenience but wasn't clear how to actually get the discount.  I did all of this "discussion" as a chat so I have a print out of everything discussed.  It seems I have to order and then the

Per the on line system....it will be another week to get the tv.  Actually more....it can take up to 2 days to cancel the order....then the available date will be 1 to 2 weeks from there.  We are going to try another Walmart and talk to the store manager to see if they are willing to honor the on line price (first store was the dept mgr who said no), especially since this got so messed up.  Worst they will say is no.

So irritating.

6 comments:

  1. Try Amazon. I got my last TV there and they set it up for you as part of the purchase. The price on the one I got was actually cheaper than it was at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We looked at Amazon. It is $600 more there. I am going to see if Prime Day tomorrow changes anything. Doubtful, as the tv is a 2015 model.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I've been a long time reader of your blog and I always feel so bad for you and your family when Murphy decides to sublet a room at your home. I hope everything works out and I'm so happy that you are enjoying your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I realize this is a stupid, silly problem. It really could be so much worse.

      My job....thank you! I am enjoying it.

      Delete
  3. Your right, it is a silly problem but when things go wrong all the time for your family, it has to be frustrating. Good luck and hope the manager will help you out. How hard can it be buying a t.v., right? Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been fortunate that since moving....as a whole....we really have been ok. But yes...how hard is it to buy a TV?

      Delete