Saturday, September 28, 2013

The revised weekend plan

G-man left yesterday morning for his "guy" weekend.  Two weeks ago, my "plan" for the weekend was to paint the living room.  We picked out the color chip together, so I figured we would be good to go.  Upon more thought, I decided against it.  We tend to pick a few samples....put them up....and then pick. It would be my luck I would paint, and I wouldn't like it, or vice versa.  So that plan is on hold.

THEN I decided to do a deep clean.  Like hands and knees, on the floor scrubbing.  Yeah, I like that idea.  I never feel like the house is clean until I do this.  Yeah...this is the way to go.

THEN.....I screwed up my back.

It goes back to the way I held the kids when they were little.  Bossy was always heavier, and I ALWAYS carried him on my right side.  Additional, he was low tone, so I compensated for the fact that he really wasn't carrying his own weight.  Add in that he didn't walk until he was almost 3, and I ended up carrying alot more weight for a longer period of time. One of the vertebrate in the middle is out of alignment.  I have had periods of time where it bothers me, but a few days of taking it easy(ier), and it is ok. 

This time, I have had a stabbing, burning pain in the middle of my back since Tuesday.  I was in tears on Wednesday night.  I came home from work early on Thursday.  I broke down and called the chiropractor yesterday, and have an appointment later this morning.

I REALLY didn't want to go.  I haven't been in 12 years.  Our insurance has limited chiropractic coverage.  And I didn't want another bill.  But I am at a point that unless I laying down, on my back, with the pillows a certain way.....it hurts. 

I get a false sense of recovery first thing in the morning.  The muscles are all relaxed, so when I get up, I feel much better.  But as the morning goes on, it gets worse and worse.  I tried massage, heat, Motrin, range of motion stretches.  But nada....

So....off to the chiro I go.  So much for my productive weekend.  BUT....I do have two children who are capable of doing a few things.....;)

2 comments:

  1. Mysti, I hope your back is feeling better after your chiropractor appointment. That stinks that you've had back problems for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of that girl, you will be down a lot longer if you don't.

    ReplyDelete