Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A little of this and that

First off...thank you all for your kind words regarding my trip.  I can honestly say it went as expected.  And I needed to go one last time to internally say "I tried."  I am done with that now....they are on their own.  It was clear how little they value my opinion, and how little they really care about ME.  So no more.  I have spent way too much time and energy on this. 

I am happy to say that my first day back to work after my "vacation" was uneventful.  Yes, there was a pile on my desk, but nothing too stressful.  I am choosing to think that all the work I did before I left contributed to my smooth return.....not that they just didn't need me.  ;)

I am happy that I was able to spend some time balancing the ole checkbook today...that always makes me feel better.  Our only saving grace right now was that G-man had 17 hrs of overtime on his check.  That will cover the difference from my small paycheck from last week (due to time off), my small paycheck for next week (again, time off), G-man's car repairs (muffler and new battery), and will have a little bit left over.

The little bit left....and trust me...it is a LITTLE bit....will get split between EF and saving for something "fun".  Fun in our world will probably be the new furniture we desperately need.  It is going to take a while to save for that!

I realized that the next 6 weeks are jam-packed.  There are several early dismissal days from school (conferences, professional development), social events (tis the season), scouting, and doctor appointments.  I have everything on the calendar, and it is a little daunting.

Thanksgiving will just be the 4 of us.  Most of that shopping will be done on Saturday, and G-man will pick up the perishables next Tuesday.  I love cooking Thanksgiving, so I am looking forward to it.

Christmas shopping is going slow.  I may have a marathon session on-line and try and order as much as I can now...I want it here, wrapped, and done.  I have the money saved, and a budget, so I am in good shape there.


I am so much more at peace now that I am home from our trip.  Time to get back to business as usual....including looking ahead to 2013 and what plans we have for the debt, the house, etc.

3 comments:

  1. That is a pretty good feeling; going back to "normal" and being able to look ahead all the better. This whole season just feels busy, but January will come soon enough when things hopefully settle... stay in course and good luck. New furniture sounds like a lovely Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysti, sounds like it was a good decision to go, if only for the peace you're experiencing now. Good luck with everything as you settle back into "normal."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You tried your best now its time to just go on. If you hadn't gone you would have regretted it but now its time for you to focus just on your family. Hopefully your mom will turn around on her own but if not you did you best.

    Now lets get ready for those Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete