Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat - March 25, 2012

Carla....thanks for starting this.  You are a cool chick....even if you kick my arse in Words!  I look forward to this all day!

Judy....if you are around, what happened to your blog?

Dress A
Dress B



 Which dress do you like better for the wedding in May???  Same price.  
Will wear with a shrug sweater.




Reading?  Nothing at the moment.  I started Shopaholic and Baby, and I just couldn't do it.  I got maybe 3 chapters in and just couldn't take anymore.  I need to find something else.

Watching?  As a surprise, G-man is home tonight (he ALWAYS works on Sunday night, but he wasn't scheduled for tonight), so I have no idea.  He won't want to watch what I have on DVR.  So we will have to see.


Listening to?
  As a change of pace....Bossy is not in control of the TV at the moment!  Sassy put on Wizard of Oz.  So right now they are toddling down the Yellow Brick road, approaching the door to the Emerald City.  (as a side note....when I was teaching, I did an integrated unit on the Wizard of Oz.  We built a yellow brick road in math, as part of our measurement unit; learned about Tornados in Science; talked about what our dreams were "over the rainbow" and painted them; and did a language unit on words we would use to describe the characters and why.  And of course, I read the book aloud!!

Cooking/Baking?  Not much.  I haven't been home most of the weekend.

Happy you accomplished this week?  Not sure....probably actually purchasing the mattress.

Looking forward to next week?  Actually, the kids' conferences.  I like to hear how they are doing.

Thankful for today?  This is going to sound odd...but I am "thankful" for my three daughters that are no longer with us.  I had a miscarriage (in our hearts she was a girl) 4 years ago today.  It was my one and only pregnancy that wasn't induced by fertility drugs and procedures.  Along with my twins we lost just 7 months prior, my three girls are part of the Universe now.  I think about them every single day, and how they have changed my life forever.  So to my littlest angel....I am sorry we never got to meet face to face.  You are very loved....and not forgotten.  Someday, I hope we will meet....and you will know it is me.

5 comments:

  1. ***LOVE*** the first dress! Gorgeous! Can I borrow it after? Nowhere to where it, but I'll just do housework or something in it...haha!! I couldn't get past the first chapter in the 2nd novel... WAY too fluffy! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jumping in this.

    Accomplished this week: I ran. I ran and it wasn't 6am in the morning when no one could see me. I ran at 1pm in the afternoon. I ran in front of people who were out on their lawns or playing basketball. I sucked hard. But I did it anyway. That's huge for me because I am very self-conscious about running in front of others.

    Cooking: Nothing now. I had stir-friend chicken and squash for dinner. Just getting rid of leftovers from earlier. So I threw them in a pan with a little olive oil and soy sauce to get rid of them. No rice though... didn't have the calories.

    Looking forward to: a four day work week and then spring break! I need the rest so bad!

    Listening to / Watching / Reading: 80s music, nothing at the moment, reading all the blogs I haven't caught up with in a long time.

    Thankful for: my wonderful girlfriend and her son... they keep my life interesting and make me feel so "necessary" (if that makes any sense).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love Dress B- very springy! Plus, I love the cut of the neckline.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the first dress, it is a classic, flowers will date you. I miss my baby too everyday, I think of that angel god loaned me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both dresses, but if you're looking for something that you're going to want to wear again, probably B would be better.

    Reading? I'm on day 82 of a 'read the bible in 90 days' plan. I'm a tad behind pace, but I will finish on time, if not early.

    Watching? Right now, nothing. Favorite TV show - and really the only one I watch is Swamp People. Love it. That and basketball lately have been about ti. Guess that has a lot to do with the reading portion above. LOL

    Listening to? An REM station on Pandora.com.

    Cooking/baking? Not much. Hubby does all the cooking.

    Happy to have accomplished? Not spending much this week at ALL... and making it to the end of the month with a bit of cash left.

    Looking forward to next week? Trying a no-spend week with the hubby. Meals are going to be from whatever we already have.

    Thankful for? My life in general. My husband, my kids, my job.

    ReplyDelete