Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - July 10, 2011

Let's get down to it:



The Good:  Nothing Earth shattering here, but hey....they weren't BAD things.   
  • I got paid on Wednesday.  Payday is always a good thing.
  •  Lending Club loan, which will be a year old in September (as in, that was the first payment), is under $10,000, and is closing in on being 1/3 paid off.
  • My hair cut and color wasn't as much as I thought it would be.
  • I started Christmas Shopping.  Found a deal on something that was originally $109, and I got it for $22, shipped!




The Bad:
  • Grocery spending is still out of control.  We have so little time to do real shopping that we tend to go back too often and it is ridiculous.
  • I defrosted a small pork roast, and then didn't cook it.  I am pretty sure I will have to toss it.
  •  For the first time in a LONG time, I lost track of payments on the credit cards.  I made several snowflaking payments, and I lost track of what was "real" and what was "snowflake."  Add in a return, and the pool stuff, and I got lost.




The Ugly: 
  • Finding out that our medical waiver wasn't approved is a huge blow. 
  • Bumming hard that I am not going to make my "under 60k of debt" goal by Aug 6.

  • Messy house = messy head

  • The whole family has been sick.  The amount of money we have spent on medication is crazy.

How about you.....what are your GBU?????

4 comments:

  1. The Good: Haven't spent a dime in 5 days.
    The Bad: Medical problems keep popping up
    The Ugly: My weight has been going up 1 lb a day for a week! UGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Good:
    I'm on summer hours so I only work 10 hours per week AND I can collect unemployment.

    My stepson is now living with us and we can reduce child support payments to the ex wife who is evil. Plus, he'll go to a REAL school and not some inner city excuse for an education.

    I finally got my check from Aetna for teaching couponing classes. It's been two months.

    We have legal insurance (See why this is good below.)

    The Bad:

    The ex wife is taking us to court because she is evil. (Thankfully we have legal insurance.)

    I had to pay both car tax bills this week.

    The Ugly: My step son came to use with no clothes or anything he needs. We have to buy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Good:
    ---Princess Penelope made the road trip to her Dad's safe and sound.
    ---I haven't spent a penny since Friday night

    The Bad:
    ---Looming senior portrait costs have me stressed out.
    ---My rain barrel isn't working the way I had hoped -- I think I need a pump for it.

    The Ugly:
    --- Another long string of high 90 days and no rain means my posies are pissed off and my water and electric bills are going to be astronomical (again).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The good...
    ...got my girl home safe and sound from her visit to her cousin.
    ...we were worried that we were going to have to get a new air conditioner but it was just a disconnected wire and it was 70 bucks to fix.

    The bad...
    ...forgot to pay the life insurance cause I kept putting it off due to lack of funds...but I think I did get it paid in time to not get cancelled.

    The ugly...
    ...nothing too ugly this week.

    ReplyDelete