Sunday, March 14, 2010

A new Sunday Series: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Today is the the commencement of my new recap series:  The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (aka GBU!).  I will be picking one financial event each week that falls into each of these categories.  Because, let's face it.....we all have some of each in our lives.  This is a totally subjective post.  What is good to me might be ugly to you.  I am guessing you will mostly agree with me, but hey....maybe not!  And I look forward to your own GBU reports.

The Good:  While this had the potential to be bad, it sort of worked out as a good.  We had G-man's car in the shop this week while he was on travel to get the body work done.  Long story short, it isn't done yet.  BUT....we were able to get the work order to fax to the credit union so we can get our check back!  We should have it back before the work will be done, thus....not having to lay out the money and have it reimbursed!  We are hoping that both the body work and steering issue will be cleared up in the next week to 10 days.

The Bad:  We had a family day yesterday (which is a good....don't get me wrong).  And we did spend some money.  Most of it was reasonable.  But I did splurge on one outfit for Sassy Girl.  It was so cute, and totally HER.  She doesn't need much for the spring, but every girl needs ONE new outfit.  I thought it was 20%, but turns out it wasn't part of the select styles on sale.  So I spent $43 on a t-shirt and capri pants for her.  Ridiculous.  I should have said NO when it rang up, but I didn't.  She was already in love with the outfit, and I didn't have the heart to say NO at that point.

The Ugly:  This one...was an impulse.  It was only $3, but it was a total impulse.  I got a tarot reading regarding the school issue we are dealing with.  Total waste of money.  I have had tarot readings before, and this one was so sub-par.  Truly, it was a WASTE of money.  


So, let's hear it!  What was your GBU for the week????

5 comments:

  1. The Good: I've finally decided to let my hubby take over the checkbook as I seem to have a problem with spending money and not keeping track. I'm tired of going round in circles, making headway but then falling back in to the same old same old.

    The Bad: Going shopping when I didn't balance the checkbook.....

    The Ugly: Most likely we will not have enough money to cover what we've spent this week, and if we do it will be barely enough.

    Needless to say, I'm hoping that the next week will be so much better. That I will be able to stick to a cash only budget instead of writing checks and such, and that my hubby and I will be able to sit down and talk about what's going on so we'll be on the same page. We are already in credit counseling, so no more credit cards, but obviously you can still get yourself in a load of proverbial crap even with out the cards......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is hard to say no when they have their hearts set on something:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I'm going to do this with you next Sunday.

    My good: My tenant who rents the garage paid this month's rent AND next month's, too. Nice to have that cash in hand today.

    My bad: I'm going to wipe out my FSA account to pay for the CT scan I had. At least that's what that money is there fore.

    My ugly: I'm going to have to tap my emergency fund to pay my taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's any consolation, $3 is the cheapest "Tarot Reading" I've ever heard of! It could have been worse. Like the time I paid $10 for a palm reading - I will have "a long and happy life" though:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the lesson here is you get what you pay for. I have had many tarot readings in my life, and this was sort of a teaser to get you to do a fuller reading. Well, even for $3, it wasn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete