Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ING Direct Banking

One of my goals for the year was to set up an ING (or possibly more than one) account.  I am getting closer to doing that.  So what is the hesitation? This is going to sound so stupid.  I can't believe I am about to admit this....

Last fall, they offered bonus money for opening an account (beyond the referral bonus money they offer).  I think it was something like $121, as long as you made a few transactions within a specific period of time. 

I am sort of waiting to see if this type of opportunity comes back around.

My main goal of the ING account(s) were to have someplace "safe" to put money we are saving for Christmas, the kids' camp expense, money from Craigslist, etc.  We just aren't ready for a total cash system, and if there is too much padding in an account, it is in danger of being used for something other than its intended purpose.  With the ING account, we can get it out of our main accounts, out of our hands, but still have access to it.

I will kick myself if I open the account, and then the following week, some fabulous deal happens.  So, if you have an ING account, did you open it and "get a deal" or did you just do it?  And if you have been with them for awhile, when do "deals" typically happen?

1 comment: