Sunday, March 28, 2010

Good, Bad, Ugly - Week 3

Last week I had a hard time deciding what my GBU events would be.  I guess this could either be bad.....having too much happen.....or good.....lots to choose from and not clearly knowing where they fall.

This week was a little more clear cut.

The Good:   Discovering that despite not getting paid this payperiod, we still have money left!  It will be tight, but with G-man's part time job getting paid on Wednesday, we will make it!!  This is a huge thing for us.  A few padded paychecks certainly helped this month, but all the March bills are paid, and we have enough money until the next wave of bills are due.  When I get paid in April (with a big check, for 4 weeks of work), I am will pay off CC4, and put a big chunk toward the hospital bill (for my sanity....I want this GONE).


The Bad:  Getting sick.  Between lost wages, doctor visits, medications....that was a pretty penny.  I am still not 100%.  And finding out that I might need my tonsils out....a big ole fat BAD in my book.  THAT little adventure will be bad on so many levels...but I will cross that bridge when we get there.

The Ugly:  G-man's $1490 car bill.  This bill was from his screwing up the tires and tie-rods.  While we had the money from the insurance check, it was still $1490 that I planned on putting toward his retirement loan.  And we haven't even gotten to the body damage yet (which will probably wait, since now my check engine light is on).  We lucked out THIS time.  We had money to cover it.  If we didn't, either we would have had to deplete our emergency fund (which happens to have $1450 in it) and have to start all over on saving for that, or it would have gone on a credit card.  This was a dodged bullet, and in our personal lives....dodged bullets tend to come back to bite us threefold.

No comments:

Post a Comment