Today is one of the kids' predetermined "late arrival" school days for professional development. I will say it again....whoever thought having the kids start late (10:30, vs 8am) just didn't think about parents. *sigh* While it was nice to not have the alarm go off at 6am, it does throw off the rhythm of the day.
Taxes are almost done. All the main numbers are in, but I have to fill in a few minor details. But.......drum roll please.......
Federal: $2653 REFUND
State: $117 OWE
I have no idea what happens with our state taxes other than they just go up every year. We have taxes taken out, and we have EXTRA taken out, and we almost always owe (last year was a rare $34 refund). I am not sweating this....it isn't that bad. And our federal refund is WAY larger than we expected (considering I thought we would owe).
We have too many little amounts that we have held on to for one reason or another. We are going to corral them all, and decide what to do. I already know that part is going towards new tires for my car. The tires are still ok for the moment, but I will need new tires (which we were already planning on for later this year....it was just a bummer that we spent $200 of our car savings on the alignment). And I already mentioned our poor bathroom floor.
The rest....*ducking from the eggs being thrown*....will probably sit in savings for a little bit.
G-man has applied for a new job out of state, and we will wait until that is decided before we do anything. If a move is in our future (it is a long shot), then the money will go toward that. G-man put CT as his second choice office, so if he gets that instead of out of state (they are the same job, just in different locations), we would still lose some money initially. He would move to a day position, and we would lose his night and Sunday pay. His base pay will be a lateral move at this time, but the potential path is much greater. In his current position....he will not receive any raises, ever. He is at the top of the scale, and his current position is considered a low grade position.
We are trying to laugh if I end up getting a new job at the same time we find out we are moving. Wouldn't that just be how we roll???
If none of the above work out....the extra money will go toward his car to pay it off faster, per What's the Cost (and Tanner, I haven't had a chance to check out your calculator suggestion!). We have started saving half of G-man's second job pay (since I increased my hours at my job) to see if we can make it without that money. If we can, then that savings will go toward either the move, or towards the car.
Anyway you put it...we should know about G-man's job within a month, so it isn't like this will dangle on forever. But we definitely will have a month in flux!!