Meanwhile, I spoke to my father. He is a little more appropriately upset than my Bro led me to believe. I will chalk that one up to 1) men, and 2) pain meds. My dad wanted to know if I knew how Bro felt about someone dying in the accident. My thoughts on that one:
- Bro is really black and white when it comes to things. The accident wasn't his fault. Ergo, he doesn't need to think about the others.
- Bro isn't the most touchy feely person to start with.
- I don't think he has actually processed everything yet.
I will let you all know if anything changes. In the meantime, I am guessing he is going to be HURTING for awhile.
In other minor news.....
- My direct deposit worked yesterday, so for the first time in almost 6 years, I didn't have to take my paycheck to the bank. Boss freaked a little because he thought that direct deposit would hit midnight Wednesday into Thursday, not midnight Tuesday into Wednesday. He also felt "left out" of the process because he didn't have to sign the checks. Whatever.
- My MIL officially booked her Christmas trip, so let the panic begin! (75 days until Christmas, people!!!) Not sure why she booked her return trip at 8:30am instead of Noon.....same price. Guess she really can't wait to get home.
- G-man and I have had some budget talks (that will be a separate post), and we have agreed on a few changes. There are still more that I would like to make, but we haven't gotten that far yet.
- No real car news yet. G-man looked at a few things, but he is still wrapping his head around the fact that these cars aren't what he wants. Additionally....he is STILL looking at price and aesthetics. He needs to look at the value of the car, reliability, etc. I am hoping to have this all settled by the end of the month.