Heck, all sorts of things need a new format. But it is Labor Day weekend....and I need to LABOR away in my house. My poor husband is racking his brain about "what today is" because it is a stupid game we play. The correct answer is "the first day that I start putting out my fall stuff." He isn't going to get it. But before I can start dragging stuff down from the attic....I need to CLEAN.
(In the time it took me to write this post...G-man figured it out. Go G-man!)
For example...my dresser/buffet thingy in my office/playroom (I am officially calling it the office from now on)....usually has a whole vignette on it. Right now it is covered in stuff. So stuff has to go.
Between today (Sunday) and tomorrow (Monday), here is my to do list, in no particular order:
- Laundry - three loads of clothes, towels, and linens; Last load of clothes in the wash, but the washer coded and it needs to reset.
Take out all the misc. trash Change the linens on the beds Make banana bread Make Chicken Chili Burritos for freezer Clean desk Clean buffet- I am calling it clean. There are a few bottles that I am using as part of decor still there. Find homes for stuff in 2 boxes Balance checkbook and pay bills
- Work on budget (due to some upcoming changes)
- Review resume before submitting for a few jobs
Clean cat box Hang outdoor wreath (which I think needs a makeover, but can't start that right now) Box up gift to mail to C on Tuesday Update calendar
- Hang valence in Sassy's room
Put away "stuff" in hallway Wash living room curtains All the usual kitchen things....dishes, counters, sweep
- Spend 1 hr in alcove "mess" - 30 minute done!
- Read/Edit 5 reports - 3 reports done....2 to go!
- Vacuum and wipe down inside of car - car cleaned out due to rain, no wiping or vacuum
Clean fish tank Pack up clothes for Goodwill List stuff on Craigslist/Freecycle PTA loose ends -I think I am OFFICIALLY done with my stint on the board! Finish spring project before putting it away for the fall stuff!
- Take 30 minutes to re-do my toes (c'mon....I had to find something for ME!!!)
ETA, 6pm Sunday - there has been more progress than it seems. Stuff like #6 and #7 are works in progress. And I added a few things over the course of the day. I just can't help myself!
ETA, 10:15am Monday - 13/18 completed! Several more in process. Not sure I am going to get it ALL done.....
Happy Sunday and Long Weekend to those of us in the US.