I would like to thank Aggie at Shoestring Manor for bestowing the Liebster award upon me!! So, in following the directions:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
3. Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs. Which means don't send it back to me.
I am going to “cheat” a bit…..and rather than choose 11 bloggers, I am going to invite anyone who would like to participate to do so!! I know several great bloggers have already participated.
1. How long do you wait before purchasing non-essential items? Usually until I have to buy it. Not to say I don't EVER impulse buy, but I "try" not to.
2. Why are you cheap? I don't think I am cheap. In the sense that I have run down furniture and clothing....it is because we have too much debt to justify the purchase.
3. Processed, from scratch or both when you cook? Both. My kids eat more processed food than I would like, but many times they won't eat the "from scratch" stuff. We are working toward changing this.
4. Manufactured or homemade (non-food)? Depends on the item. I love homemade items for little touches, but manufactured for the main event.
5. How handy/creative are you? 1-10 scale. I would say 7.5. I am pretty crafty and creative. I don't have the technical know how for major things, but I am willing to give it a shot.
6. Books or movies? When I am in the right frame of mind....books. But in the recent years, my concentration level hasn't allowed me to read as much as I used to.
7. Why blog? I like talking it out with others. Plus, I get to know people I might otherwise never meet.
8. Dogs or cats? Cats rule!!!
9. Do you use Google to spell check? Not usually.
10. Cast iron cookware, yes or no? We own a few pieces, but I don't like cooking with it. Hubby cooks with it.
11. What did you want to be when you grew up? Oh, that changed alot depending on age. At 10, I wanted to be a vet. At 12, a neurosurgeon. At 16, a physical therapist. At 19, a forensic psychologist. By 21...wasn't sure!!!
Random Facts about Mysti
1. My pinky finger on my right hand doesn't line up with the rest of the fingers....I can't "close" my fingers together....no Spock sign for me with that hand.
2. I didn't have my first kiss until I was 14.
4. I hated the color pink when I was a kid, but love it now.
5. I barely speak to anyone who was in my wedding party at this point in my life. Two people I haven't spoken to in at least 12-13 years. Two I speak to maybe 2x a year, via text or email. And one, who was actually the child of a distant cousin that I had in my wedding as a favor to my mom.....I haven't seen or spoken to her (or her mom) since my wedding day. (and G-man has the same thing, which INCLUDES his brother).
6. I count steps when I go up or down them.
7. I don't like eggs.
8. I don't like baseball.
9. Despite growing up in a Kosher home, I LOVE pork and pork products.
10. I feel the safest in my home when I am in bed and I have at least one kitty by my feet. Having all three of our cats in one place (like all on one couch, or the bed) is called "full kitty capacity."
11. Eleven is a power number....and if I look at the clock at 11:11 (which I frequently do), I make a wish.
1. What was the first purchase you made that you thought "ok, now I am an adult"?
2. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
3. What do you spend money on that you know is a waste, but you do it anyway?
4. If you eat beef, how do you like it cooked?
5. What was your favorite tv show as a kid?
6. What is your astrological sign?
7. What vegetable do you like, but is generally considered unpopular?
8. Any tattoos? If so, what is it?
9. Do you wear corrective lenses (either glasses or contacts)? When did you start wearing them?
10. How tech savvy are you, on a scale of 1-10?
11. When was the last time you went to the bathroom?
Please let me know if you choose to participate! I would love to learn more about ya!!!!