Sunday, August 12, 2012

GBU - August 12, 2012

I need to find a new graphic.....
  

The Good:
  • We have limited grocery shopping to $70 this week (mostly milk, fruit, and lunch stuff)
  • We earned and extra $0.60 off per gallon on gas at one store, and are up to $1.10 off gas from the other store.
  • We got a $1.00 check from some audit on our home owners insurance (we had to laugh...probably cost more to process than the actual $1.00 value).
  • Decided against getting the furniture because it just isn't in the budget right now.
  • G-man was able to do a few maintenance things on his car himself...total cost was $40, which we had in our car fund.
  • G-man found his key to my car (it has been missing for 4 months!  Would have been $250 to replace).

The Bad:
  • Once again, the curse of the 3-paycheck month hit and the dates that things are due don't line up with payday.  A bunch of stuff will have to wait until next week to get paid.
  • Sassy has decided to live up to her name (but getting sent to bed early for lying seems to have cured it).

The Ugly:
  • Discovered just how many items of clothes don't fit the kids anymore!  Who told them they could grow so much??
  • Stressing about value of the house....more on this another time.


You know the deal....what are your GBUs this week???

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I do laugh at small checks like that... we've gotten rebates and special offers at work where they mail us $0.45 or $1.25. They send the check certified too, so that already costs more than the prize! An electronic coupon would've sufficed... Glad to hear G-man found his car keys. I HATE how those things are so expensive! They should make a replacement allowance... like you get a free key every for free 3 years.
    Good: Still on payment schedule and no new emergencies coming up!
    Bad: I miss my home in Chicago. :(
    Ugly: Car insurance with my parents will be the end of me. They've forgotten it again, and I am thinking I'll just go on a limb and get my own ahead of schedule.

    ReplyDelete