Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May is here!

This month is crazy busy.  I have no idea how it happened, but there is so much going on.  One thing I am trying to remember, is that there are some things on my never ending "to-do" list that don't HAVE to be done in May.  If they get pushed to June, the world will not stop spinning on its access.  For example, Sassy needs to see the oral surgeon.  This is completely a non-emergency, so why stress myself out and squeeze it in?  I can schedule it for 6 weeks from now, and it will be just fine.  I have to fight the urge to just cross things off my list and thus creating more chaos.

On the flip side...there are things that have to be done this month.  Paperwork that is due, PTA items, and gifts to make/buy and mail.  Those are non-negotiable.

The hiccup right now is that Bossy came home sick from school yesterday.  Luckily, G-man is home today (regular day off), so he will stay with sick boy.  Bossy is a wild card this week....as he has a field trip, a new teacher (his left yesterday to go on medical leave for the rest of the year), and a few other things. 

Additionally, I am working on my reset.  I don't know why I am hesitating about this.  I know what the numbers are.  I just need to fix the side bar.  Four of the accounts paid yesterday, and the 5th account pays tomorrow.  Then it is just working the plan.

I have no idea what is going on with my relative that is dying.  Time will tell on that one.

The wedding is in 2.5 weeks.  We have the money for her gift, and over the next 2 weeks we will take out money from the budget for the sitter.  We will also need money for "misc", as I don't know if it is a cash bar (not that we are big drinkers), or if we may go out after the wedding with work friends.

We almost have enough for the new lawnmower.  It was budgeted for April, but some how I messed it up, and it is spilling into May.  Oh well.  Those darn 3-paycheck months have a way of screwing some things up!

So that is it for the moment....Like that isn't enough!

3 comments:

  1. Why are you part of PTA? Do you enjoy it? If you feel you need more time, quit it! that would mean one less thing to worry about.

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, you can still help, but PTA will suck you dry. I had several friends that just had to be in charge and going to state and fed meetings. I must say it was hard on their kids. But if you like it and think it is important, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your May is already all packed and overflowing into June. I definitely understand the need to cross things off!

    ReplyDelete