Here is where the numbers stand, compared to a year ago:
- Credit Card - was $35,065.23 now $37,164.32 (increase of 5.99%)
- Student Loan - was $29,225.79 now $28,142.57 (decrease of 3.70%)
- Car- was $4,156.35 now $12,801.07 (increase of 308%....OUCH)
- Medical - was $208.00 now $2,083.33 (increase of 1002%...DOUBLE OUCH)
Our specific goals were:
1) Pay off G-man's car early. DONE!!! It was paid off in May 2011, vs January 2012, as originally scheduled.
2) Pay off $10,000 in debt (not including the retirement loan). HAHAHA. Look at how optimistic I was a year ago. Oh Mysti....little did you know.....
3) Side Hustle $2000. I originally signed up to be a ChaCha worker, and decided I didn't like it. I was spending way too much time for way too little money. Our yard sale brought in some money, but not a ton. All in all, this was a moderate fail.
4) Open ING Christmas Account. DONE!!! This worked great for us this year, as we had the money saved up for Christmas, and had money available early as some deals came our way. We had some confusion over where what money went...but figured out how to solve that.
5) Continue to work on zero-based budget. Still not there...but getting closer.
6) Curb food spending. *sigh* Still an area that needs improvement.
7) Get life insurance. We started to look at this back in June, but didn't follow through. Bad us.
8) Make will. The upheaval of the year made this one a non-contender. We didn't even talk about it.
9) Resume retirement savings. Nope. Not even close.
10) Find one "free" family thing to do per month. I would say this wasn't a complete success, but it wasn't a complete fail either. We definitely did more things together as a family this year than we have in years past.
I don't even know what to say about all of this. It has been a bad year all around. I would love to say "It could be worse" but really....how much worse could it really be??? We are now worse off than we were 2.5 years ago. All I can do is move forward.
It really is depressing to see how much you DIDN'T accomplish. But it is what it is. I have committed to being honest with you guys, so here it is. In all its glory...or lack there of.