Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The stupid thing that is driving me nuts today

Today is my payday.  Except...I am not at work today.

In order to cover child care this week (kids got out of school yesterday), G-man and I shuffled our schedules.  So here I am, hanging with my kids today.  I am totally not complaining about that....we have a few errands, Bossy has occupational therapy.  Our day is full enough.

But my paycheck is 30 minutes away.  Yes, I get paid by paper check.  I work for a small company....and it is cost effective for my boss to do it this way.  Heck, when I first started working for him, I got a hand written check!  He has at least upgraded over time and does it on the computer now.  So the check is printed (vs his chicken scratch).

There isn't anything that NEEDS to be paid today.  All the bills are taken care of.  But I WANT to pay something.  And my paycheck is 30 minutes away.

I would like to go to the bank and deposit the yard sale money (and put the "bank" from the sale back in our savings account).  I would like to snowflake some cash.  I would like to be able to make some numbers go down!!

And my paycheck is 30 minutes away.

I could go get it...but it seems like a waste of gas.  I will get it tomorrow when I am there.  I don't NEED it today...I just WANT it.  How stupid is it that I WANT to pay bills????

12 comments:

  1. I understand the feeling! It's a feeling I have every day. When the money comes in I am so excited I don't know where to start. Then when it's gone I start looking forward to the next paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely not stupid to want to pay your bills! It just shows that you've gotten into a routine and are trying to keep it going.

    I get paid on Saturdays and I always wake up early (grumble) to check for my direct deposit. My bills are prescheduled and I know how much I'll have left over, but it's still exciting to see the money there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask your boss or a coworker to drop it off at lunch :)

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny, but I would feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same addiction. I get excited on payday, not because we have more money, but because i can pay off debt and bills. we are lame people, we must accept it : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. @HS - if I am not willing to drive 30 min to go get my check, I doubt anyone would be willing to drive 30 min to deliver it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could make an it an adventure with the kids to go get it. Celebrate that summer is here with an ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rhitter - I thought about that, but Sassy is under the weather, and it is pouring rain here. Happy Summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sniff sniff... sorry to hear that. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hear you! I love getting my check and paying my bills. Oh well, soon enough I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL i sit and wait for my direct deposit to post at like 230 in the mornig. Even though I know it will be there when I wake up, I still have to check..lol

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, payday is awesome! I love to wake up to a little sumpin' sumpin' in the account so I can dole it all out again (and reduce that debt!).

    ReplyDelete