Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thanksgiving prep, part 1

With Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, I am prepping for the cooking marathon and the decorating.

My parents will be in town, and we were supposed to have some friends over, but they backed out due to family issues.  So now there will be 4 adults and 2 kids.

I am stressed to the hilt about Mom and Dad coming.  They are very critical, and make my hair stand on end the entire time they visit.  The insane amount of cleaning and prep I go through would choke most of you....and the stupid thing is that I will still get bashed by them.....why do I bother?

But now that our Thanksgiving crowd has just widdled down, there are some things that I am now less stressed about.  Mainly, the table.  We have a smaller table that we were going to add to the larger one, which is not needed now.  Chairs....I am getting 4 chairs from Craigslist for $60 tomorrow.  We only need 2 of them, but at least I have a few extra now.

Tablescape.....I did some re-con for all of this, and was toying with buying some new things.  But now, the table cloth and napkins I have will be fine, and I was making the table runner from felt anyway.  Add a few pumpkins I got for $2, and some cranberries ($2) in glasses I already have.  Mom offered to get some flowers.  Done.

Additionally....my friend's son tends to wind Bossy up.  So things should be a little calmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment