Monday, October 25, 2010

Busy bee = lack of planning = GROAN

When I tell you I have not sat down since Thursday....I mean it.  I seriously have been so busy, that my butt has not graced a chair.

Thursday:  Work, PTA meeting, kid HW, PTA meeting

Friday:  Breakfast and Mosaics with a friend, 7 hour PTA event

Saturday:  Errands from 9am-3pm (including a 2 hr round trip deal to get a free carpet); 4 more hours of PTA stuff and kid stuff

Sunday:  2 hours of PTA, 4 loads of laundry, cleaning, finished kids project, MORE PTA stuff.

Monday:  At the school at 8am....for you guessed it....PTA!  Followed by work.  And then afterschool....kids and  I have to run some more errands, then HW, blah blah blah.

I love being involved in my kids' school, and co-chairing an event is ALOT of work.  But I love it.  What I don't love it when my lack of planning for other stuff impacts the budget!  Like, our food bill this weekend was insane from "grab and go."  I haven't done the math yet, but it isn't pretty.

Plus, I was going to buy Sassy's new winter coat on line (on sale and I had a coupon).  I waited to long, and now her size is out of stock.  So now, I have to run to the only store I could find that had the coat (and I am not sure it will even fit!!!).  And since I will be there, I will pop into 2 other near by stores to get the OTHER sale stuff I haven't had time to fit into my life.

Oh, and we still don't have food in the house.

Oh, and with 3-paycheck month starting next week...we are strapped for cash.  So some things have gone on the Credit Card.  I hate that I did it.  But I did.  Slap me around, and let's move on.

The frenzy that my life takes on sometimes is way too much.  And if I don't plan right, the budget is the first thing to suffer.  Like I just realized I still need to get G-man's birthday presents....and need to figure out where THAT money is coming from.  Oh, and we have a minor insurance issue.....a subject of another post. 

GROAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment