I Bet You Didn't Know......
1) I have a hot pink streak in my hair. Yep. My hair is jet black (and to me, it still isn't dark enough), and the front bangs are hot pink. I love it. It is sexy and fun and it made me feel good when I did it. The outside world probably looks at me and sees me as one of THOSE people.....you couldn't possibly take me seriously because I have pink hair. But....oh contraire, moi chere......You don't want to go toe to toe with me. I am fierce when I want to be.
2) I have only bought 2 pairs of sneakers in 10 years. I love to wear sneakers; they are my go-to shoe. When it is time to get to work, I put on my sneakers. And when I get them all broken in the way I like them...I don't want to let them go. This is a metaphor for all my past plans......I get them broken in, and I don't want to let go. Even when they are worn out. But my current pair of sneakers....need to be replaced (toes aren't supposed to poke out the front, right???) Sometimes you have to know when it is time to refresh things.
3) I wonder what I will worry about when we are debt free. I spend so much time looking at our debt numbers...what will I look at when it is gone? We still have awhile before this will happen, so there really isn't a reason to worry about it now. But I do think about it.
4) When G-man and I were first married, we didn't have cable. On Sunday mornings, we would watch TV in bed, and watch PBS home improvement shows. Our favorite was "the log cabin show." The hosts were building a log cabin and we would talk about having a log cabin one day.
5) I feel guilty that we probably won't be able to help Sassy pay for college.
6) I have a $2 bill that I carry around in my wallet. It was given to me by a former co-worker almost 11 years ago. It was an inside joke, but I still have it.
I look at all these things, and how it rounds out who I really am. Family and friends mean the most to me. That G-man and I started talking about our dreams early on, and how far we have strayed from some of it. That I can be super frugal for myself. The outside and the inside don't always match.
Which one surprised you the most....or am I just that transparent?