Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our Thanksgiving Visitor

My mother-in-law is coming for the week of Thanksgiving.

This is going to be a really hard week for all parties involved. My father-in-law passed away in May of this year, so this is the first major holiday without him. Add in that it is MIL b-day, AND their anniversary that week.....KA-BOOM.

She is arriving on her birthday, so I planned to make her favorite dinner. G-man won't be there unfortunately, but so it goes. She hasn't picked her dinner yet, but she did say to G-man that she would like HIM to make her shrimp and scallops with pasta and white wine sauce one night.

Now, I could make this for her for her birthday, but this really is more his dish. And she wants HIM to make it for her. Personally, I thought it was a little nervy that she picked such an expensive dish. It is Thanksgiving, and the ingredients to make dinner tend to add up. So now I have to budget for that too.

I really won't win this week. She doesn't like me, although she won't say it. I will cook and clean and kill myself twice over to get ready, and G-man will be the star.

Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment