Wednesday, April 26, 2017

YES, I am alive and we are fine

A huge Thank you to those of you who have reached out to check in on me.  No worries....we are a-ok!

To answer the big question.....am I still blogging.....the answer is....I don't know!  Obviously 4 months between posts sort of leans toward No.  But I really haven't decided.  This blog started as out debt journey, and morphed into more of a diary with debt thrown in.  I guess it suffers from an identity crisis.

SO, the debt.  If you look at the sidebar, those numbers haven't been updated for quite some time.  The quick answer is we still have debt, and it is going to go at a slow pace right now.  Both cars are paid off.  We saved the car payments for months in case we owed taxes.  Fortunately, we surprisingly got a sizable refund, which will 90% go toward CC (other 10% is for upcoming travel expenses for my brother's wedding next month).  The car payment money will now go toward living expenses so the CC doesn't get used as a stop gap.

Income....per our taxes...we made almost 40k less than our all time highest year.  G-man's salary cut, plus my 6 months of unemployment and now only working part time all contributed to this.

Job stuff....G-man is waiting for the next job to open so he can move on. Several managers have encouraged him to move toward management, and he is still thinking it over.  He is applying for Senior Team Leader for his field work and has a very good shot at this.  My job...I will become the center director at some point, but no idea when.  I am keeping my options open.

Kids.....they have 20 or so days left in school and they will be sophomores!!

Sassy's grades are terrific, but she is in a very competitive class.  She has 5 Honors classes next year, so she will be busy.  We had a huge situation with a friend a few months ago (the girls were great....it was the other mother's issue).  Unfortunately, the other mom has disallowed the friendship outside of school, which saddens all of us.

Bossy loves school and his little group.  We are working toward more independence.  Cooking is on the summer agenda.  He is still in scouts, and is almost at his Star rank.  Only one more rank and we will be working on his Eagle!!  Lots of work to come.

As for me personally....I started a weight loss journey as of the first of the year.  I have lost almost 33 lbs, exercise regularly, and am feeling good.  I still don't have a social outlet here....baby steps.

I still deal with parent drama.  Lots of it.  I work each day to not let it get to me.

That's really it.....we finally just have a regular boring life!

6 comments:

  1. Meh. Boring is good!
    Very glad to hear from you.
    And, for what it's worth, I feel this is your blog, so it can be whatever you wish it to be. As for me, I enjoy reading it regardless, agree or disagree with some of your choices.
    As for parent drama...wish I could help. I get it here too, and always think "next time I will do x,y,z" but usually just clam up and tell myself to transcend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you check in! I know what you mean about a boring life, but it is what life is all about! Drama is for the birds. My daughter had a friend and they were two peas in a pod, but the mother kept them apart. Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear from you. Love that you are concentrating on yourself with weight loss and exercise. Right there that could take the place of the blog. but we love you and miss you and want to hear from you. Whine sniff....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have missed your blogging, glad all is well or as well as it can be. Hope you decide to keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear from you - glad things look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boring is good. Glad all is well. Congrats on the weightloss

    ReplyDelete