A few weeks ago, Amazon offered Prime at a discounted rate of $67, in honor of the 67th Emmy Awards. This is about 1/3 off, and I had plenty of Discover Cash Back dollars....so we went ahead and got.
The main motivation for doing this is to try and make less trips to the grocery store/Walmart/Target. I just don't have time. Trying to figure out when I have time to go stresses me out. Walmart and Target are about a 15 min drive from home, in a direction that I never go in....unless I am going to those stores. There is a Target near the office, but again, in the opposite direction from where I need to be. I know none of this is really a true PROBLEM in the scheme of things. But my anxiety levels have been through the roof lately, and the idea of not going to the store was worth the cost.
Speaking of cost....I did price compare alot of the things that we buy. Probably 75% were about the same as the local store. The other 25%...I will go to the store for those. Example: Swiffer Wet Jet solution. It was twice as much on Amazon. Um, no. But things like cat food...they were the same price.
I ordered a few things right after we got it, and it was fine. It came in 4 boxes, on 2 separate days. I was highly confused why something I ordered 2 of, came in 2 separate boxes. But whatever.
Since then, I haven't learned the timing of it. I realize too late that I need something (like, I was down to 1 roll of toilet paper, for 2 bathrooms, and 3 people...one of which tends to use alot!). I can't order that on Saturday and it says it won't be there until Wednesday. So I need to figure out WHEN I need to order things.
I am still trying to figure out PrimePantry. I understand that you get a box for a flat shipping rate. But if I am paying for shipping....doesn't that negate the idea of free shipping?
I have not used the streaming service yet. I know I need a little Fire Stick thing to get it to work on the TV, but I haven't even looked into it. We will most likely be cutting the cable when we move, so this is sort of a first adventure into all of that.
Those of you who use Prime....how do you use it (everyday items, gifts, streaming, etc)? Do you find it worth the money? Any tricks of the trade?