The photographer comes today at 8am. Ugh. 8am. I won't even be here, and G-man will only be here for about 30 min as he has a dentist appt. 8am means that I was polishing until 9pm last night, and now in the wee hours of the morning, we will be wiping down the last few things, making the beds, etc.
The realtor we are working with down south set up an automatic MLS e-mail that sends us houses that fit criteria. She set the price range a little higher than we discussed....I am guessing so that 1) we have a little negotiation room, but also 2) a higher commission.
Well it happened....a house came up.....and we LOVE it. Like seriously love....there have been a few that we liked, and we said we would want to look at when the time comes (if they are still available). But this one....my heart went pitter patter. It is in one of the most desirable neighborhoods, 5 bed, 3 full bath. It is so pretty and open. It has just enough upgrades to make you feel like you have way more house than what is there (although it is almost 3000 sq ft...that's over twice the size of our current house!)
It is also currently listed at 25k higher than where we wanted to be.
In a "what if" scenario....if we were able to get the buying price down a little, and you add in a 3.5% down payment (and we are still figuring out that piece).....it comes down to the ballpark......maybe the parking lot....not actually in the stadium.
I am not worried about the monthly cost....it is just the getting into a house costs!
The reality is that until our house sells, we have no idea what we can really do. And also that this house that I already started figuring out where stuff can go (I kid....well.....sort of.....) is probably just out of reach. I am trying to comfort myself that it will probably be gone before we can see it anyway.
In my "make it work" mind.....if I found a job before we left.....and the sellers agreed.....we would have to hold off on closing for 30 days, as FHA guidelines state I have to be employed for 30 days in order to use my salary to qualify. Maybe we could rent it for a month! Yeah!!!
For the record....we talked to a mortgage lender who pre-qualified us for 200k on just G-man's salary. This house is 225k.....so we should easily qualify with my salary.
All of this is fantasy land.....I know that. Just let me stay here for a minute before I have to go back to reality, ok?