Monday, December 3, 2012

Glutton for punishment

Holiday cards.  How are we feeling about them?

Pros
  • Nice to get mail
  • Get to see pictures or hear from people that you may not normally see
  • Look nice if you display them

Cons
  • Expense of cards and postage
  • Time it takes to either hand write or order
  • They are going to go in the trash anyway

G-man and I discussed it, and he was fine if we didn't send them.  Then the guilt factor entered the arena (need cool gladiator name for Guilt......).  The kids Bossy isn't so into pictures together.  So we agreed that we would use single pictures of them.  And to make life easier, we would use the ones from the first day of school.  They looked nice, they are recent enough....done. 

NOT done. 

I am having a hard time putting these "summery" pictures on a holiday card.  How can you have snowflakes in the background of the card, and kids in short sleeves in the pictures???  It doesn't work for me.

So, I am going to torture ask the kids nicely to take a few pictures this afternoon for the card.  This of course means I have to figure out what they are going to wear.  In the ideal world, they will coordinate.  We will see what happens.  Additionally, in the ideal world, I would get a nice shot of them together....not grimacing that *gasp* they have to be NEAR each other. 

I know I am making this more complicated for myself and I admit it.  It is the perfectionist in me.  It has to be the way it has to be.  I really am working on this.....

Wish me luck!!!!


5 comments:

  1. We just create a JIBJAB and send an email to everyone we know and post the link on Facebook...

    HS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Facebook here! And trust me...multiple kids and as they get older......adds a whole new level!

      Delete
  2. I feel exactly the same way as you do regarding Christmas cards.....

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol!! Bribe em!! ;) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We arent sending any at all this year except to my great Aunt. Instead I donated the money I would have spent on Christmas cars and stamps to St. Judes instead. After all the cards only wind up in the trash anyway

    ReplyDelete