It wasn't until I started this post that I realized we actually had a good week!
- $5 rebate check came from Staples.
- Got the Halloween decorations up.
- Went to Target AND Pier 1, and didn't buy a thing!
- Was able to do some bulk cooking, and give a dinner to a friend who is in the middle of a move.
- Christmas Savings Account hit $1,000.
- Despite my not being able to sleep the other night...my "to do" list has helped tremendously and over half of it is crossed off already.
- Halloween candy is 5/$10 this week at one of the grocery stores!! (or technically, is this a good thing for NEXT week's post???)
- The car was $158 this week (was $187 last week). It was higher than expected because the shop needed to download something extra and charged us $35 for that privilege.
- Our back-up idea for a new sofa was hideous, cheaply made, and would probably only last 6 months. Not worth it!
- Gas tap plan was foiled!!!! (will be a separate post)
- G-man volunteered to work during the day on Thanksgiving (which is until 3pm, vs working 3pm-11pm), so we can actually have Thanksgiving dinner ON Thanksgiving!
- (This one is a little premature....but I am going to be hopeful) Someone is coming to look at our treadmill from Craigslist....so hopefully it will be gone in a few hours with a few bucks in our pocket. (ETA: no go! They didn't want it.)
You know the deal....what are your GBUs this week???