Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I need to schedule a JUST DO IT day

This week is busy....so is next week.  Heck, September and October aren't looking too good.  November...not much better.  Then we are into the hoildays.....

OK, let's call it what it is...spread too thin.

Usually when I feel this way, I need a day to regroup and recoup.  I am a firm believer that if I just take the time to schedule it all, I can do it ALL (yeah....I know there are some flaws in the thought process).  One day to organize, clear the decks.....that is all I need.

Unfortunately...I just scheduled something for the day that I was planning to do this!!  HAHAHA....isn't that Ironic (can't you just hear Alanis belting it out.....)

As much as I hate to do it....I may have to ask G-man to take a Saturday off to take the small people...and make that my JUST DO IT day.  I hate asking.  I hate using his leave (even though he has gobs of it) for something like this.  But I need to catch up.

Top of to do list.....ask G-man to help!

I just think if I can cross a bunch of things off my list, I will emotionally feel better, and thus be more productive.

And how are YOU today???

10 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the same thing today. I am swamped with things at home and work. a lovely JUST DO IT day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was think the same thing. I am so swamped and I need a JUST DO IT day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just did one of those yesterday - MUCH better off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs down time and time alone to get things done or even to chill. Don't be afraid to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, can totally understand... I'm with you. It's okay to use up a day of leave to get caught up. I need one too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why wait? I believe in getting things done ASAP. Knocking out the small things is one idea and doing parts of bigger things works too. Many times delay makes it bigger and more difficult to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a great idea! I think I will try that this weekend I have so much paperwork to do its not even funny

    judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so need a day like that...I was thinking today how I feel caught between needing a day off to JUST DO IT and needing to work more to be able to pay for things...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that is a great idea - I am actually going to try to plan to do most of my stuff today (on top of getting ready for my scout meeting this afternoon) but if I can prepare most of my flyers that need to go out for the next few months, all I will have to do is tweak it a bit & we will be good to go!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete