I hadn't heard much about the job again until last week. He spoke to the HR person and found out he needs to take a specific certificate course. Oooookkkkkkk.......
She sent him a link to the course. They are offering a Summer course on Mon & Wed evenings. The Fall and Winter course are on Saturday and Sundays. The course is $1,125, plus books. Plus the gas to drive there.
Well, G-man works during all the times that the course runs (due to his odd schedule). So I asked him how that would work....he needs to find out, but most likely he needs to use vacation time. Ugh....it would be 208 hrs of vacation!!!!!!
I asked if work covers the cost of the class....he "thinks" they will. I asked if he has to earn a certain grade in the class to get it covered....he doesn't know.
To recap....he wants to take a course to further his career. However:
- There isn't a job....there may never be a job. Yes, the job exists on paper, but there isn't a physical job.
- If we have to pay for the class, that would have to go on a credit card.
- Assuming he needs to score at a certain level to have the class covered....I am concerned he won't do the work and actually make it....he has a habit of not putting effort in when it gets tough
- 208 hours of vacation!!!! For a job that doesn't exist.
- I would have to pick up his duties around the house so he could study.