Thursday, May 27, 2010

You don't know what you have until it is gone

GRRR.

See this toy? Looks like a toy....right? If you search on Amazon, it retails for about $60.


My kids had one of these when they were babies/toddlers. I thought it was loud and obnoxious. Never really liked it that much. Took up a ton of space. We used it for awhile, and it went into the attic.

Last year I sold it on Craigslist for $25, and was happy to get $25 for it.

Today, I walked into my office, and there is one sitting there. Upon talking to my boss, I found out that these toys (the ones made 8 years ago, not the current version) are one of the most sought after toys on the resale market. They are the best cruising/walking toy ever made.


They aren't available overseas, and people pay upward of $275 for one of these. Bidding wars happen over them. HOT HOT HOT!

And I sold mine for $25. UGH!!!!

1 comment:

  1. But you were happy to get that $25, weren't you? There will ALWAYS be some way you could have made more money IF you hung onto it longer, IF you knew what you had, IF you knew how to sell it. These are the kind of thoughts that will drive you nuts. Be happy you got the $25 and more space and less noise!

    ReplyDelete