Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saved $500....bummer

Wait Mysti....you saved $500 dollars!  That is awesome...why aren't you excited???  Why dear bloggy friends...I am so glad you asked!

G-man has a business trip in a few weeks.  At 4:30pm yesterday, this trip was "changed" to a different class and location.   His new exotic local....Vegas Baby!!! And of course my little mind wheels started a-turning.

Called my travel agent friend to find out about flights.  Was thinking about which grandparent would get the HONOR of staying with my beautiful children.  He would be in class all day, which would give me all day to myself.  Sit by the pool, window shop.  The hotel would be on the company dime, as would his flight and food.  So it would just be my stuff we would have to pay for.

The class is 3 days, plus 2 days travel.  This is gonna be great!!!

Until....

It all changed by 5:00pm.  He was back to the first class.  Nowhere interesting.  There went my vacation.

Yeah, we really didn't have the money for me to go anyway, but a mini vacay with my husband....sans children...that was too good to pass up.  The divorce rate is 50% for an average couple....it goes up to like 80% when you add in the stressors of having a special needs child.  Couple this with the crazy schedule we work, no family near by, financial stress.....sometimes you have to take care of your marriage.

Oh well.  Maybe another time.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh....I was so excited for a minute..Don't forget that I'm in Vegas...so, if that comes up again...I can TOTALLY be your shopping buddy while he's away at class!
    kathy

    ReplyDelete